What's Included in My Complete Home Inspection
A home inspection is a physical, non-invasive, examination of the home and it's components. I actually go above and beyond what is required by the SOP of InterNACHI and other organizations for your home inspection. Below, you will see examples of only some of the things in your home that I inspect. I include a "limited" thermal scan with every home inspection.
During the Thermal Imaging Inspection, I will employ an infrared camera to look for hidden moisture in the most vulnerable areas of the home, with specific focus on basements, and ceilings directly under roofs and bathrooms. My findings and recommendations, as well as thermal images, will be documented in a detailed report and provided to the client within one business day of the inspection.
I believe that knowledge is power, especially when it comes to one of life’s biggest investments: the home. My decision to offer Thermal Imaging Inspections reflects this core concept. Using infrared technology allows me to provide my clients and real estate partners with a more comprehensive assessment and detailed report. To learn more about Certified Inspection Services, LLC Thermal Imaging Inspections, please click here or call 760-542-8020.
For further information on what else I inspect in a standard inspection, please feel free to contact me.
Exterior and Structural
- Vegetation and Foundation
Grading and Drainage
Decks, Porches, and Patios
Walkways and Driveways
Windows and Doors
Garages and Fireplaces
- Outlet and Wiring Testing
- Electric Service and Sub-Panels
- GFCI and AFCI Outlet Testing
- Grounding and Bonding
- Breakers and Fuses
- Electrical Wiring
- Water Service Type
- Locate Main Shut-off Valve
- Visual Inspection of Fire Sprinkler System
- Test "inspector" Test Valve for Fire Sprinkler System
- Water Pressure at Service Entrance
- Faucets (Interior and Exterior)
- Water Heater
- Toilets and Bidets
- Drains and Traps
Heating and Cooling
- Heating and Cooling System Air Handlers (FAU)
- A/C Condenser
- Ducts and Vents
- Refrigerant Lines
- Evaporative Coils
- Condensing Coils
- A representative number of doors and windows by opening and closing them
- Floors, walls and ceilings
- Stairs, steps, landings, stairways and ramps
- Railings, guards and handrails
- Garage vehicle doors and the operation of garage door openers, using normal operating controls.
- Leak test on microwave oven
- All "installed" kitchen appliances.
What To Expect With Your Home Inspection
- Upon initial contact, we will discuss your home inspection needs and concerns, and mutually decide what services you need, such as a home inspection with an air quality or mold test, or a complete thermal evaluation for example. Then I will ask for a description of the property, for example, how many rooms there are, square footage, or if there are any outbuildings or detached garages with electrical service that will be included in the inspection.
- We will then set an appointment that is convenient for you. On site we will cover the following items:
- We will review the Home Inspection Agreement together and review what is involved in the inspection, and your specific concerns, if any.
- We start the home inspection by examining the property in a logical and orderly method, together when possible. I believe in including you in the inspection for a one-on-one experience.
- The "average" inspection takes 3-4 hours. However, the inspection may be longer, as some homes may have more issues, and I also want to make sure all of your questions are answered.
- I will then inspect all the major components in the home with you present if possible.
- After the inspection we will review the inspection information and discuss any of your questions or concerns.
- Your easy-to-read report will include detailed descriptions and digital photos and videos that explain any problems I've found. Your electronic report will be available online within 24 hours for convenient access and download, and my job isn't finished until you understand everything in it.
- You'll also receive a free home maintenance manual packed with useful information on maintaining your new home.!
I use the latest tools and technology to get the most accurate results possible. I encourage you to attend your inspection so that I can describe my process, explain my findings, point out important maintenance items, and answer all of your questions.
Armed with my detailed home inspection report, you can make an informed decision about whether the problems I discover are worth fixing or walking away from—whether the good outweighs the bad. It will also give you negotiating power with the seller. You also will have the ability to create a Repair Checklist directly from the Summary Report. No other software has this feature. Watch this short video to learn more about using this exclusive feature. To assist you when performing your final walkthrough before closing, you can download and print my free checklist.
Should you have any questions down the road, please give me a call at (760) 542-8020, (951) 523-8020, or email me at Frank@SDthermal.com, and I will do my best to help you.
289,000 Reasons To Hire
Certified Inspection Services, LLC
For Your Home Inspection
Hiring Certified Inspection Services, LLC gives you not just a thorough inspection and a report you can rely on--you'll also get access to discounts for hotels, restaurants, movie theaters, retailers, florists, car dealers, theme parks, national attractions, concerts, and events.
When we meet, I'll give you a card that provides you access to 289,000 discounts and deals, compliments of Certified Inspection Inspection Services, LLC.
These elite deals include discounts from Bass Pro Shops, Costco, Sam's Club, Sprint, Firestone, Papa John's, DirecTV, T-Mobile, Dell, Target.com, Verizon Wireless, Overstock.com, Brooks Brothers, Gold's Gym, LA Fitness, Motel 6, Panasonic, Bally Total Fitness, Avis, Inspector Outlet, Diamondback Bicycles, and Hewlett-Packard.
You'll also receive discounts from over 150 national attractions and theme parks, including the Walt Disney World Resort, Universal Studios, SeaWorld, Cirque du Soleil, Dollywood and Six Flags.
Discount offers are redeemable in-store through printable and mobile coupons, online, and over the phone.
You'll also be able to download our iPhone app to discover savings within five miles of where you are at work, at home, or on the go!